- Buy nowSecond Edition
Psoriasis can be a difficult condition to live with. The more you know about it, the better prepared you will be to deal with it. This invaluable guide gives you medically accurate, practical information on the day-to-day management of the condition.
Psorasis: Answers at your Fingertips answers over 200 questions asked by people with psoriasis and their families. The expert authors pass on useful, easy-to-follow advice on living with the condition. They discuss the various treatments available, helping you to discover which work best for you, and suggest effective self-help routines.
- offers up-to-date positive and practical help
- explains psoriasis, so you have the knowledge to understand and manage your condition
- contains full explanations about all the treatments available
- includes information on further sources of advice and support
- covers topics from work and holidays to relationships and other people's attitudes
Questions answered include:
- Is psoriasis hereditary?
- Does psoriasis frequently recur?
- Does diet affect psoriasis?
- Are there any known common causes of flare-ups?
- Does biological powder make it worse?
- Should I use soap?
- Which moisturiser is the best to use?
- What do steroids do?
- What are the treatments for psoriatic arthropathy?
- My daughter wants to get her ears pierced. Will this make her psoriasis worse?
- What can I do to avoid embarrassment in personal relationships?
- What are the best types of clothing to wear?
- Will it hurt if I go swimming?
- Are there any benefits we can claim?
Table of Contents:
Part 1 Introduction
Part 2 What is psoriasis?
Part 3 Different types of psoriasis
Part 4 What triggers psoriasis and what makes it worse?
Part 5 First-line treatments
Part 6 Second-line treatments
Part 7 Complementary therapy
Part 8 Children and psoriasis
Part 9 Feelings, family and friends
Part 10 Lifestyle and looks
Part 11 Practical concerns
"An excellent and highly readable source of information for psoriasis sufferers and their families. It gives you the facts and dispels many of the myths" Ben Elton, Author and Comedian
"Being able to point people with psoriasis towards a book which will help answer many of their questions in an easy and accessible format has to be welcomed" Margaret Martin, Psoriasis Association
For further information please contact the the Psoriasis Association - www.psoriasis-association.org.uk
About the Authors:
Dr Tim Mitchell, MBCHB, DRCOG, DPD, is a GP at the Montpelier Health Centre in Bristol and Clinical Lead for Dermatology in his local Primary Care Trust. He is a founder member of the Primary Care Dermatology Society and a Specialist Advisor to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Skin. Having obtained the Diploma in Practical Dermatology from the University of Wales in Cardiff, he now acts as an examiner and tutor on the course.
Rebecca Penzer RGN, MSc, is an independent nurse consultant in skin health with her own company, Opal Skin Solutions. She is a Trustee to the Psoriasis Association and the British Skin Foundation and a member of the International Skin Care Nursing Group Advisory Board.