- Buy nowSixth
NEW 6TH UK EDITION.
This practical, easy to read book tells you everything you need to know to take good care of your diabetes. Having diabetes means that you need to make yourself better informaed about this condition than the average doctor. In this remarkable book, Dr Ragnar Hanas shows you step-by-step how to become an expert in your own diabetes.
Medical research has conclusively proved that looking after your diabetes- and keeping your blood glucose level down- is the key to avoiding the pitfalls and long term risks. This book gives you all the strategies, tips and tricks to get your blood glucose down and keep it in control.
By understanding your Type 1 Diabetes and how to manage it, you can live a full, happy and healthy life. Remember: you have diabetes - it doesn't 'have' you!
This practical handbook gives you:
- A step-by-step guide to achieving optimal health with diabetes for young people with Type 1 Diabetes and their parents, as well as health care professionals, teachers, schools, councellors and many others.
- Straightforward guidance on blood glucose, hypos, healthy eating, exercise, illness, smoking, travel and many other topics.
- Practical checklists and stories of other people with diabetes.
- Details of support groups and organisations to go to for further help & support.
- An extensive glossary defining 172 medical terms.
- Over 400 illustrations and cartoons.
Dr Ragnar Hanas is Consultant Paediatrician at Uddevalla Hospital in
Sweden, specialising in diabetes. He is Secretary General of the
International Society for Paediatric and Adolescent Diabetes (ISPAD),
and co-editor of the 2009 ISPAD Clinical Practice Guidelines.